Mechanical engineering is one of the broadest engineering disciplines. Mechanical engineers research, design, develop, build, and test mechanical and thermal devices, including tools, engines, and machines.
Mechanical Engineer Job Responsibilities:
- Designs mechanical and electromechanical products and systems by developing and testing specifications and methods.
- Evaluates mechanical and electromechanical systems and products by designing and conducting research programs and applying principles of mechanics, thermodynamics, hydraulics, heat transfer, and materials.
- Confirms system and product capabilities by designing feasibility and testing methods and properties.
- Develops mechanical and electromechanical products by studying customer requirements; researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials; and soliciting observations from operators.
- Develops manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for fabricating, building, assembling, and installing components.
- Assures system and product quality by designing testing methods; testing finished-product and system capabilities; and confirming fabrication, assembly, and installation processes.
- Prepares product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Provides engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer’s instructions and established procedures; and requesting special services.
- Maintains system and product data base by writing computer programs and entering data.
- Completes projects by training and guiding technicians.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
[Work Hours & Benefits] This is the perfect spot to include working hours and benefits specific to your company. This is your chance to tell prospective engineers about flexible hours or work-week schedules, as well as any travel requirements. This is also an opportunity to focus on benefits that set your company apart, like continuing education or tuition credits, childcare reimbursement, or paid leave.
Mechanical Engineer Qualifications / Skills:
- Requirements analysis
- Design skills
- Presenting technical information
- Equipment maintenance
- Conceptual skills
- Quality focus
- General consulting skills
- Control engineering
- Production planning
- Technical zeal
- Job knowledge
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering (Master’s preferred)
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer
- Experience working in the mechanical engineering field
- Superior computer skills, with solid experience in CAD, CAM, and Matlab/LabView programs
Production / Manufacturing / Maintenance / Packaging , Quality / Process Control
- Petrochemicals , Petroleum / Oil and Gas / Power
- Design Engineering , Industrial Engineering , Quality Control , Six Sigma
Factory Manager/ Plant Head, Project Leader/ Project Manager, R&D Manager, Spares Manager/ Engineer
- Any Graduate
Job Posted by Company
The Atlantic Oil & Gas Inc is the largest onshore deep drilling company based in North America and Europe operating over 20 drilling and workover rigs and a wide range of drilling and associated services to the oil, gas, shale gas, gas storage, coal, CBM, mining, water and geothermal industries and for specialised geoscientific drilling projects in North America, Europe and selected international markets.
Atlantic offers a selection of business arrangements from traditional day rate type contracts to incentive contracts, alliances and partnerships to provide clients with a wide range of services, particularly for special and long term projects.
The Atlantic Oil & Gas Inc has an ambitious growth strategy including plans for increasing the rig fleet by adding state-of-the-art equipment where opportunities arise and developing further international markets.
Atlantic is a member of the International Association of Drilling Contractors (IADC) and a member of the Well Drillers Association (WDA).