The Mine Engineer has a diverse skill set that allows them to support with various mine-engineering positions (planning and scheduling, ventilation, ground control and services). They are responsible for creating, designing and developing best practices regarding mining engineering processes, procedures and practices to support achievement of targets. They will role model a safety program that promotes a culture of safety and health of all employees working in and or with the Technical Services Department.
• Create professional short to medium-term planning strategies and provide execution guidance to mining processes.
• Create production and development designs that meet industry standards and continually seek opportunities for improved design performance.
• Develop medium-term ventilation strategy and use to maintain short-term ventilation requirements.
• Design and maintain underground services systems for End of Mine Life.
• Assist in maintaining Ground Control standards through fieldwork and analysis.
• Interaction with entire Technical Services team to ensure team focus.
• Adhering to programs, systems, and procedures in mine design.
• Analyzing data and providing technical documentation to support decision-making.
• Assist in the preparation of the annual budget and other medium to long-term strategies.
• Engage and interact with business partners across the organization to identify and implement improvement and operational excellence opportunities.
• Using operational excellence resources and methodologies, maintain a high standard of quality in all work.
• Create and manage reports on performance and devise strategies and take any necessary actions to rectify deficiencies.
• Create a strong safety culture through engagement and empowering others.
Other: Complies with all Company standards, policies and procedures pertaining to appropriate conduct for employees, including the Code of Conduct; the Respect in the Workplace Policy; Safety, Health and Environment Policies; and any other applicable standards, policies and procedures as implemented and/or revised by the Company or by legislation.
NOTE: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
• Excellent interpersonal/relationship skills – able to work and communicate with individuals and groups at all levels of the organization, written and oral.
• High attention to detail, strong work ethic and excellent organizational skills.
• Proven ability to effectively prioritize duties and solve problems.
• The ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment with the utmost professionalism, discretion and confidentiality.
The successful candidate will: have a Bachelor’s Degree in Mine Engineering, have a minimum of three (3) years overall underground experience, be a member of APEGS (or similar provincial governing body) with a P. Eng designation and be a member of SASTT with either an (A.Sc.T.) or (C.Tech.) with an appropriate amount of experience.
You will also demonstrate:
• Expert level organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
• Experience with Surpac/Minesched or other modelling and scheduling software, AutoCad/Promine; be proficient in MS Office Suite.
Production / Manufacturing / Maintenance / Packaging , Quality / Process Control
- Marine / Aviation / Military / Mining / Shipping , Petroleum / Oil and Gas / Power
- Engineering , QA / QC , Safety / Health , Quality Control
Industrial Engineer, Product Manager, Project Leader/ Project Manager, Packaging Manager
- Any Graduate
Job Posted by Company
The Atlantic Oil & Gas Inc is the largest onshore deep drilling company based in North America and Europe operating over 20 drilling and workover rigs and a wide range of drilling and associated services to the oil, gas, shale gas, gas storage, coal, CBM, mining, water and geothermal industries and for specialised geoscientific drilling projects in North America, Europe and selected international markets.
Atlantic offers a selection of business arrangements from traditional day rate type contracts to incentive contracts, alliances and partnerships to provide clients with a wide range of services, particularly for special and long term projects.
The Atlantic Oil & Gas Inc has an ambitious growth strategy including plans for increasing the rig fleet by adding state-of-the-art equipment where opportunities arise and developing further international markets.
Atlantic is a member of the International Association of Drilling Contractors (IADC) and a member of the Well Drillers Association (WDA).