Hardware – PES – Senior Hardware Engineer – ( 210004CM )
HW development for power electronics in automotive environment, especially for Inverters (Motor Control), DC/DC Converters and AC/DC Converters
- Elaborate Hardware architectures for Power Electronics Products, defining hardware module requirements to be compliant with product requirements.
- Justify the design: comparison between different technical solutions, verifying completion of all functional requirements, simulating nominal behaviour and limits.
- Participate to the DFMEA for the electronic design
- Write the electronics design validation plan per functional bloc.
- Define and launch the tools required for design validation.
- Validate all functions on mock up, and their limits. Write the validation report.
- Participate to the overall product validation.
- Make all the development according to the project schedule managed by the RD PTM or the Project Manager
Use Valeo rules and tools regarding Electronic design.
Others: Save nature resources, energy and paper obey the EHS laws and related requirements, implement the EHS regulations, procedures and work instructions.
Hierarchically to HEV RD HW Manager
Functionally to HEV RD PTM
Managing people: N/A
Power Electronics: H-Bridge topologies with MOS FETs and IGBTs
DC/DC and AC/DC topologies: buck, boost, fly back
Magnetic products dimensioning as transformers, coils
Filters design to be compliant to EMC / EMI requirements
Model and simulation
Thermal calculations, and technology choice as substrate (FR4, IMS, ..) as layout for coolant consideration
Reliability and MTBF calculation
Experienced in handling of measurement equipment
English language skills in writing and speech
Highly motivated to work in a technical and automotive environment
Tools: PSpice, Cadence/Concept, Matlab / Simulink, MatrixOne / ePLM, PSNext, Standard Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- What education and education level are necessary for the position
- Bachelor d egree